His Excellency, Petr Gandalovič, the Ambassador of the Czech Republic to the USA, made a special visit to the Kansas City area as part of his ongoing mission to support relationship building between the Czech Republic and the United States that further cultural, education, political and business exchange. The visit occurred from April 15-17, 2013, and included:
- A meeting with the Kansas City Economic Development Council,
- Interaction with representatives of the Missouri Department of Economic Development,
- A meeting with the Unified Government of Wyandotte County,
- A meeting with Sylvester James, Mayor of the City of Kansas City, Missouri,
- A tour of the National World War I Museum,
- Interaction with representatives of the Kansas City Aviation Department, and
- A reception at the home of Benny & Edith Lee.
Sharon Valášek, honorary consul to the Czech Republic for Midwest states Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, coordinated the visit. The ambassador was accompanied by the head of the economic section, Mr. Josef Dvořáček.